2019 Exhibition Program - Call for Submissions Now Open
Craft ACT is calling for new exhibition proposals from artists, craftspeople, designers, makers and curators for the 2019 program.
We are looking for ambitious and engaging exhibitions which engage with contemporary craft and design practice and concepts at all levels of experience and across all mediums.
Who can apply?
Any artist, designer, maker, curator or craftsperson who locates their practice within craft and/or design is welcome to apply.
- All craft and design practitioners from a wide range of mediums including, but not limited to, textiles, fashion, furniture, wood, glass, design, design thinking, commercial products, jewellery, metals, ceramics, graphic design, paper etc
- You can be an early, mid-career or established artist
- Guilds, associations and artist-run initiatives
- Groups or solo endeavours
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists are encouraged to apply
Sorry, we do not take submissions from current undergraduate university students.
What kind of exhibitions are we looking for?
- Ambitious and engaging proposals that embody contemporary craft and design practice and concepts at all levels of experience and across all mediums
- Collaborations between different disciplines, mediums, industries and interstate artists are encouraged
- Joint proposals of two or more solo exhibitions
- Exhibitions that are underpinned by a strong curatorial narrative and foundation
Feedback from the 2018 Call for Submissions is available on the Craft ACT website.
Submissions close midnight AEST Sunday 4 March 2018. Please note that Craft ACT is closed 23 December - 28 January 2018 inclusive and enquiries will not be responded to during this time. To submit a proposal, visit the Craft ACT submissions page .
Image: Installation view of NEXT: Christian Hall. Photo: Edge Light Photography