Professional Development workshop Inclusivity in Dance Classes
When: Thursday 1 February 2018, 9.45am – 5.00pm
Where: Canberra Dance Theatre, corner of Kingsley Street and Barry Drive, Acton. CDT’s studio and facilities are accessible for people with disabilities
Cost: $80 ($70 concession card holders)
CDT has lined up an impressive group of dance teachers to guide and inspire you in planning and delivering inclusive dance classes. The workshop will cover topics including:
- Structuring a balanced and logical class
- Teaching aspects of dance technique in a creative way
- Using imagery and props to promote an expanded range of movement and expression
- Developing activities that can be accessed on multiple levels
- Communication strategies and behaviour management strategies for people with high needs
The workshop is designed for dance teachers working in studio, educational and community settings. Adult dancers with a disability who are interested in teaching dance but may not yet have taught are particularly invited to attend. The content to be covered is relevant to all styles of dance. Presenters include Philip Piggin, Gretel Burgess, Alison Plevey, Amy Forman and Michelle Forman.
For more information, please visit http://canberradancetheatre.org/holidaysworkshops/ or call 0435 025 365.
Supported by the Community Services Directorate.
Canberra Dance Theatre’s group CDTeens at the 2016 National Multicultural Festival.
Photo credit: Canberra Dance Theatre.