Funding and Support
The ACT Arts Fund is one of the main ways the ACT Government provides direct support to the arts.
The ACT Arts Fund program is funded by the ACT Government and managed by artsACT. The ACT Arts Fund supports high quality work across a broad range of artforms and practices through a number of funding categories.
Funding supports individual artists, arts organisations and community groups to provide a range of activities and programs which enable the ACT community to have strong access to and engagement with the arts and responds directly to the 2015 ACT Arts Policy.
The ACT Arts Fund is open to all members of the ACT community and focuses on projects that develop artists - moving artists into new stages of their careers.
The current categories are:
- Project Funding is offered once a year and presents the ACT community with the opportunity to propose one-off arts activities.
- Out of Round Funding supports individual ACT artists to undertake significant interstate or overseas arts opportunities that are unexpected and could not reasonably have been planned for in advance.
- ACT Book of the Year Award the ACT Government offers an annual ACT Book of the Year Award for excellence in literature, valued at $10,000.
- Key Arts Organisation Funding is available to support arts organisations that provide critical arts infrastructure in the ACT through high quality programs, services and/or facilities.
- Program Organisation Funding is available to support arts organisations that provide a program of activity enabling the ACT community to have access to and engagement with the arts.
- Arts Residencies ACT assists ACT-based arts and non-arts organisations to offer recognised interstate or international artists a residency experience in the ACT.
- Community Arts and Cultural Development
- Community Outreach Program
- Llewellyn Hall Subsidy Llewellyn Hall is a key musical facility with high quality acoustics, large stage and backstage amenities seating 1,440 patrons. The subsidy supports the ACT community with affordable access to this facility.
- Fringe festival The fringe festival is held in conjunction with the National Multicultural Festival, which takes place over a weekend in February.
Visit the artsACT online grants portal for information on upcoming and current funding rounds and to log in and access online submissions.
- Information for Applicants details what you need to know before you apply
- Peer Assessment
- Information for Successful Applicants details what you need to do after your funding has been approved
- Logos and Branding
- Funding Recipients lists who is currently receiving funding, as well as who has previous received funding and for what
- Artist Resources provides some helpful links if you're looking at other funding sources