Funding and Support
Arts funding managed by artsACT is one of the main ways the ACT Government provides direct support to the arts.
Funding supports individual artists, arts organisations and community groups and responds directly to the 2015 ACT Arts Policy. It is delivered through a number of categories, and supports high quality work across a broad range of artforms and practices.
- Project Funding offered once a year and presenting the ACT community with the opportunity to propose one-off arts activities
- Out of Round Funding supporting ACT artists to undertake significant interstate or overseas arts opportunities that are unexpected and could not reasonably have been planned for
- Key Arts Organisation Funding supporting arts organisations that provide critical arts infrastructure in the ACT through high quality programs, services and/or facilities
- Program Organisation Funding supporting arts organisations that provide a program of activity enabling the ACT community to have access to and engagement with the arts
- ACT Book of the Year Award an annual award for excellence in literature, valued at $10,000
- Arts Residencies ACT assisting organisations to offer interstate or international artists a residency experience in Canberra
- Community Arts and Cultural Development recognising the importance of community engagement in the arts and supporting long-term community arts and cultural development
- Community Outreach Program supporting community outreach through the ANU School of Music and School of Art
- Llewellyn Hall Subsidy supporting affordable access to Llewellyn Hall, a key music facility with quality acoustics, large stage and backstage amenities, and seating 1,440 patrons
Visit the artsACT online grants portal for information on upcoming and current funding rounds and to log in and access online submissions.
- Information for Applicants what you need to know before applying
- Peer Assessment applications are assessed by community members with artform interest, knowledge and experience
- Information for Successful Applicants what you need to do after funding has been approved
- Funding Recipients lists current and previous funding recipients, and their grant purposes
- Artist Resources some helpful links including other funding sources
- Logos and Branding the ACT Government requires appropriate acknowledgement of its support for organisations, facilities, programs and projects