Community Outreach Arts Funding Round
The Community Outreach Arts funding round will open for applications on 1 June 2018 and close on 31 July 2018.
The aim of the Community Outreach Arts funding round is to increase participation in the arts and promote collaboration between organisations, artists and the community. The funding will have an emphasis on engaging sectors of the community that otherwise may experience barriers or disadvantage that inhibit their participation in the arts.
The funding round will be on a one-off basis through an open round and will be available to incorporated organisations and to individual artists and groups through an auspice arrangement with a not-for-profit organisation. $325,000 will be available for this funding round.
The funding will provide increased opportunities for the Canberra community to engage in the arts and will provide organisations with the opportunity to develop and trial new community outreach activities and partnerships. It supports a wide range of arts and cultural activities where artists work in partnership with individuals and communities for the purpose of artistic growth and other outcomes including promoting positive change.
Projects should prioritise excellence in art making and/or the process of developing the artistic skills of the community. Priority for funding will be projects which form part of a long term engagement strategy.
The CACD guidelines were developed for the Belconnen and Tuggeranong Arts Centres in delivering their community arts programs. The CACD guidelines aim to foster and cultivate a vibrant community that values, explores and engages with the arts.
The Social Inclusion Plan provides details of what is occurring and what we can do in the future to improve access and inclusion in arts events and programs.
- Incorporated organisations and individual artists and/or groups auspiced by a not-for-profit organisation may apply for amounts from $5,000 to $50,000 for activities occurring in 2019.
- Applications will be made online through the artsACT online grants portal Application forms will be available from 1 June 2018.
- The funding round will run at the same time as the Arts Activities Up to $50,000 round. Eligible applicants may apply to one or both categories.
- Applications will be assessed by a peer panel and recommendations made to the Minister for the Arts and Community Events. Successful applicants will be notified by 30 November 2018.
Activities should demonstrate:
- responsiveness to community needs and interests
- engagement of professional artists and arts workers
- positive artistic, cultural and social benefits
- engagement with individuals and communities including those experiencing social and or cultural disadvantage
- development of new and sustainable partnerships
The type of activities for which funding can be sought:
- Programs specifically for people who have barriers in accessing the arts.
- Diverse programming to showcase the artwork of people living with a disability, with lived experience of mental illness, or who are socially marginalised.
- Projects that work with community groups to tailor arts programs that meet their specific needs.
- The development of strategies and policies that enhance community engagement, such as Disability Action Plans.