The 2018 Project Funding round closed 5pm Monday 7 August 2017.
Project Funding is offered once a year and supports ACT artists, groups and organisations to undertake one-off arts activities. 2018 Project Funding supports arts activities that start and finish within the 2018 calendar year. Total funding available this round: $750,000.
Project Funding supports the vision of the ACT Arts Policy for the ACT to be a diverse and dynamic arts ecology valued locally, nationally and globally.
The principles of the ACT Arts Policy are:
- Principle 1: Participation in and access to the arts
- Principle 2: Great art and great artists
- Principle 3: Vitality of the Canberra Region arts ecology
- Principle 4: Engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultures
The purpose of Project Funding is to support:
- artistically interesting and exciting projects
- excellence in arts practice across artforms
- unique arts development opportunities for artists at all stages of their careers
- quality arts activities in which the ACT community can actively participate
To simplify the application process, applicants are required to answer three simple questions about their proposed project. However, applications will be considered in the context of the ACT Arts Policy and its vision and principles and the Project Funding purpose.
Equity and access for all members of the community, including for new applicants, is an important element of the Project Funding category. Project Funding is not intended to support the same activity on a year to year basis. If funding is sought for a project that has been funded previously, the application must demonstrate significant artistic growth and/or development. Applications for activities that have been funded three times will need to demonstrate an exceptional need or opportunity.
Applying for Funding
Applications are made through the artsACT online grants portal where you will find information on all upcoming and current funding rounds.
2018 ACT Arts Fund - Project Funding Guidelines
You can download this information as a PDF document here: 2018 ACT Arts Fund - Project Funding Guidelines (PDF 123KB)
- Purpose, time frame and funding amount
- Eligibility criteria
- Artists and Arts Workers fees and salaries
- Activities not eligible for funding
- Llewellyn Hall
- Applying for funding
- Auspiced applications
- Assessment process, notification and feedback
- Successful applicants, reporting and monitoring
Project Funding - Information for Applicants
artACT has prepared the following information to assist you with your application.
You can download this information as a PDF document here: 2018 Project Funding - Information for Applicants (PDF 205KB)
- Before you begin
- Assessment questions
- Artform information
- Preparing your budget
- Taxation and insurance
- Support material
- Assistance with your application
Previous year's funding outcomes
General feedback for applicants is available.
For further information on the ACT Arts Fund, please contact artsACT on (02) 6207 2384 or email artsACT@act.gov.au