Project Funding Guidelines: Purpose, time frame and funding amount
Project Funding is offered as part of the ACT Arts Fund and supports the aims of the 2015 ACT Arts Policy for the ACT ‘to be a diverse and dynamic arts ecology valued locally, nationally and globally’.
The principles of the ACT Arts Policy are:
- Principle 1: Participation in and access to the arts
- Principle 2: Great art and great artists
- Principle 3: Vitality of the Canberra Region arts ecology
- Principle 4: Engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultures
The purpose of Project Funding is to support:
- self determined artistically interesting and exciting projects
- excellence in arts practice across artforms
- unique arts development opportunities for artists at all stages of their careers
- quality arts activities in which the ACT community can actively participate
While applicants for Project Funding need to address the three questions in ‘Applying For Funding’, overall, applications will be considered in the context of the ACT Arts Policy and its vision and principles and the Project Funding purpose.
Equity and access for all members of the community, including for new applicants, is an important element of the Project Funding category. Project Funding is not intended to support the same activity on a year to year basis. If funding is sought for a project that has been funded previously, the application must demonstrate significant artistic growth and/or development. Applications from artists for activities that have been funded three times will need to demonstrate an exceptional need or opportunity.
Project Funding is offered once a year to support ACT artists, groups and organisations to do one-off arts activities.
Activities must start and finish within the 2017 calendar year.
Applicants can apply for up to $40,000.
Applications must demonstrate value for money and include a detailed budget and supporting documentation. The level of funding requested should reflect the project outcomes and benefits.
Applicants are encouraged to seek funding from a variety of sources. Follow this link to Useful Links for Artists which includes some other options for funding and support.