The 2017 Project Funding round is now open and will close 5pm on Friday 10 June 2016.
Project Funding is offered once a year and supports ACT artists, groups and organisations to undertake one-off self-identified arts activities. 2017 Project Funding supports arts activities that start and finish within the 2017 calendar year.
Project Funding is part of the ACT Arts Fund and supports the aims of the ACT Arts Policy for the ACT ‘to be a diverse and dynamic arts ecology valued locally, nationally and globally’.
The principles of the ACT Arts Policy are:
- Principle 1: Participation in and access to the arts
- Principle 2: Great art and great artists
- Principle 3: Vitality of the Canberra Region arts ecology
- Principle 4: Engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultures
The purpose of Project Funding is to support:
- self determined artistically interesting and exciting projects
- excellence in arts practice across artforms
- unique arts development opportunities for artists at all stages of their careers
- quality arts activities in which the ACT community can actively participate
While applicants for Project Funding need to address the three questions in Applying For Funding, overall, applications will be considered in the context of the ACT Arts Policy and its vision and principles, and the Project Funding purpose.
Equity and access for all members of the community, including for new applicants, is an important element of the Project Funding category. Project Funding is not intended to support the same activity on a year to year basis. If funding is sought for a project that has been funded previously, the application must demonstrate significant artistic growth and/or development. Applications from artists for activities that have been funded three times will need to demonstrate an exceptional need or opportunity.
Applying for Funding
Applications are made through the artsACT online grants portal where you will find information on all upcoming and current funding rounds.
Public Information and Individual Consultation Sessions
A public information session will be held in the Main Hall of the Ainslie Arts Centre, Elouera Street Braddon, from 5.30-6.30pm on Tuesday 10 May 2016. The session will summarise the Project Funding purpose, guidelines and procedures and include an opportunity for general questions. This session is recommended for all new applicants.
Individual consultation sessions will be held at the Ainslie Belconnen and Tuggeranong Arts Centres. This is an opportunity to discuss your project idea in some detail with artsACT staff. Sessions will be 20 minutes duration and of most benefit to applicants who have read the guidelines and have a clear project concept. The following session days / times are available:
- Ainslie Arts Centre, Tuesday 17 May between 12 and 2pm (20 minute sessions)
- Belconnen Arts Centre, Wednesday 18 May between 12 and 2pm (20 minute sessions)
- Tuggeranong Arts Centre, Monday 16 May between 12 and 2pm (20 minute sessions)
Please call artsACT on (02) 6207 2384 to book an individual session time.
2017 ACT Arts Fund - Project Funding Guidelines
- Purpose, time frame and funding amount
- Eligibility criteria
- Artists and Arts Workers fees and salaries
- Activities not eligible for funding
- Llewellyn Hall
- Applying for funding
- Auspiced applications
- Assessment process, notification and feedback
- Successful applicants, reporting and monitoring
You can download this information as a PDF document here: 2017 ACT Arts Fund - Project Funding Guidelines (PDF 140KB)
Project Funding - Information for Applicants
artACT has prepared the following information to assist you with your application:
- Before you begin
- Assessment questions
- Specific artform information
- Preparing your budget
- Taxation and insurance
- Support material
You can download this information as a PDF document here: 2017 Project Funding - Information for Applicants (PDF 205KB)
Previous year's funding outcomes
Successful 2015 Project Funding applicants were announced in September 2014.
Successful 2014 Project Funding applicants were announced in December 2013.
For further information on the ACT Arts Fund, please contact artsACT on (02) 6207 2384 or email artsACT@act.gov.au