Previous funding recipients: ACT Arts Fund 2013
$650,000 in Grants to Support Arts Projects (Media Release, 13 September 2012)
47 individuals and organisations will share in the ACT Arts Fund grants worth over $650,000, ACT Minister for the Arts Joy Burch announced today.
“The ACT Arts Fund encourages recipients to develop as artists and supports artists at all stages of their careers, be they emerging, developing or established,” Ms Burch said.
“Recipients include videographer, photographer and installation artist Sarah Kaur is a young emerging ACT artist, who has received project funding of $5,000. The funding will assist with costs of her project designed for the 10th anniversary of the Canberra bushfires and contribute to the development of her arts practice.”
Ms Burch said the ACT Arts Fund is one of the main ways that the Government supports the arts directly.
“I am delighted that a broad range of arts activities, across all art forms, will be funded in 2013 through the Project and Communities Working with Artists funding categories.”
Another of the recipients of Project funding is experienced theatre producer, Philippa Buining, will receive $40,000 to assist with the costs of creating and producing an installation based theatrical journey through the Canberra Railway Museum.
Among the recipients in the Communities Working with Artists category is Multicultural Youth Services ACT, which will receive $6,280 to assist with costs of digital storytelling workshops with refugee youth.
“I look forward to seeing the outcomes of these inspiring projects and the many other projects supported through the ACT Arts Fund.”
2013 Communities Working with Artists - Successful Applications
- Canberra Choral Society Inc: To assist with costs of establishing a youth vocal ensemble under the umbrella of the Canberra Choral Society, in 2013 - $12,790
- Inanna Inc: To assist with the costs of making and launching short films by community members, in 2013 - $17,868
- Mental Health Foundation (ACT) Inc: To assist in developing cross artform site-specific artwork about mental health, in 2013 - $20,000
- Multicultural Youth Services ACT: To assist with the costs of digital storytelling workshops with refugee youth, in 2013 - $6,280
2013 Project Funding - Successful Applications
- Art Monthly Australia: To assist with costs of producing Art Monthly Australia including a special Canberra Centennial issue, in 2013 - $20,000
- Art Song Canberra Inc: To assist with the presentation of seven vocal recitals, in 2013 - $6,645
- Asialink: Asialink To facilitate Arts Residency Grants to Asia for ACT practitioners in 2013 - $20,000
- Basketry ACT: To facilitate artist participation in the Canberra 2013 Basketry Gathering - $7,600
- Batchelor, James: To assist the costs of presenting a dance and film installation, in 2013 - $8,140
- Boho Interactive: To assist with costs of staging an original theatrical production as part of the Centenary of Canberra, in 2013 - $23,789
- Buining, Philippa: To assist with the costs of creating and producing a new work of theatre entitled Anthology, in 2013 - $40,000
- Costello, David: To assist with costs of mounting an exhibition, in 2013 - $3,280
- Curham, Louise: To assist with costs of developing an expanded cinema re-enactment based on 1970s work by artist Malcolm Le Grice, in 2013 - $7,348
- Curtis, Matthew: To produce a specialised glass melting pot furnace for contemporary colour application techniques, in 2013 - $5,000
- Dunstan, Kaylia: To assist with costs of manuscript appraisal and mentorship for an unpublished manuscript, in 2013 - $2,340
- Foster, Cara: To assist with the costs of producing three issues of a creative writing journal, in 2013 - $4,218
- France, Sandra: To assist with costs involved in presenting a semi-staged, fully orchestrated performance of a new opera "From a Black Sky", in 2013 - $37,000
- Heath, Jack: To assist with the costs of editing a book, in 2013 - $9,808
- Hooton, Fiona: To assist with the costs of producing a modular pop-up sculpture that engages audiences with digital storytelling, in 2013 - $6,550
- Jazz at the Gods: To assist in staging 11 jazz concerts at The Gods throughout 2013 - $3,645
- Kaur, Sarah: To assist with costs of producing a dance-film inspired by the fires at Mount Stromlo observatory, in 2013 - $5,000
- Kerr-Menz, Amy: To assist with costs of mounting an international solo exhibition in 2013 - $6,300
- Larsson, Adelina: To assist with the costs of a full-length work of a dance work - $38,365
- Lea, Elisabeth: To create 'Biloela' a solo for Indigenous dancer Tammi Gissell, in 2013 - $13,750
- Manning Clark House: To assist with costs of mounting a cultural season of music and poetry at Manning Clark House, in 2013 - $2,800
- McDonald, Joy: To assist with costs of staging a puppet play at the Street Theatre and Craft ACT, in 2013 - $34,117
- McFarlane, Jenny: To assist with costs of mounting of an exhibition of eX de Medici’s work at the ANU Drill Hall Gallery in 2013 - $31,077
- Mirramu Dance Company, To assist with costs of the Morning Star dance project including production and performances, in 2013 - $36,827
- Momentum: To produce a full colour catalogue for the Momentum exhibition, in 2013 - $5,142
- Montana, Andrew: To fund the cost of editing an arts biography on the Australian artist Loudon Sainthill, in 2013 - $6,600
- Pocket Fox: To assist with costs of pre-production for a 12 track album, in 2013 - $10,000
- Poetry at the Gods: To assist with costs in presenting a series of 11 poetry readings in 2013 - $3,170
- Runnegar, Brenda: To assist with costs of the production and mounting of an exhibition, in 2013 - $4,645
- Ryder, Julie: To assist with costs of research, development and exhibition of work for a solo exhibition in 2013 - $17,425
- Salut! Baroque: To assist with costs of performing a series of baroque music concerts, in 2013 - $15,000
- Shaw, Chrissie: To assist with costs of staging a theatre/music production 'Bijou', in 2013 - $20,618
- Shortis and Simpson Pty Ltd: To assist with the costs of staging Prime Time, a music/theatre production, in 2013 - $35,650
- Sidney Creswick: To assist with costs of staging a collaborative project between band Sidney Creswick and Fresh Funk, in 2013 - $9,090
- SoundOut: To assist with the costs of production of the SoundOut 2013 Festival - $23,449
- Stevens, Rosanna: To assist with costs of travel and accommodation for a literary community study of the West Coast of the United States of America, in 2013 - $3,438
- Swadling, Joel: To assist with costs of writing a biography of Canberra theatre producer/director David Branson, in 2013 - $5,000
- The Griffyn Ensemble: To assist with costs of a collaborative Swedish-Australian music cultural exchange, in 2013 - $14,959
- Todo, Kensuke: To assist with the creation of new work, in 2013 - $12,912
- Tunks, Benita: To assist with costs of mounting an exhibition and producing a printed catalogue, in 2013 - $14,867
- Wilson, Steph: To assist with the costs of creating a body of work and mounting an exhibition, in 2013 - $2,545
- Wodak, Josh: To assist with costs of producing and staging a photography exhibition at PhotoAccess Gallery, in 2013, $3,130
- You Are Here Festival: To assist with the costs of professional development for three emerging producers, in 2013 - $12,930
2012/13 Out of Round Funding - Successful Applicants
- Mr Iain 'Fred' Smith: $1,081 to assist with costs of attending Long Paddock to promote Dust of Uruzgan show to Australian theatre circuit.
- Ms Liz Lea: $1,398 to assist with costs of visiting Darwin Long Paddock to present 120 Birds for National Touring.
- Dr David Worrall: $2,000 to assist with costs of travel and accommodation to present my work in three European centres
- Ms Elaine Loebenstein: $2,000 to assist with costs of participating in the Rocks Pop Up arts initiative in Sydney.
- Ms Catherine Laudenbach: $800 to assist with the cost of travel and accommodation for the Broken Hill Art Exchange.
- Ms Antonia Aitken: $1,809 to assist with costs of undertaking two artist's residency opportunities in Tasmania in 2013.
- Mr Nicholas Brotohusodo: $2,000 to assist with the cost of collaborating with Corey Woods (Raekwon of Wu-Tang).
- Mr Scott Chaseling: $2,000 to assist with costs of an exhibition and artist in residency.
- Mr Duncan Smith: $2,000 to assist with costs of completing a body of paintings for exhibition.
- Mr Jonathan Webster: $1,500 to assist with costs of attending a residency program in Beijing.
- Mr Omar Musa: $935 to assist with costs of attending spoken word poetry festival in Malaysia.
- Dr Janet Meaney: $2,000 to assist with costs of participation in performance art festival in Estonia, Finland and France.
- Mr Michael Sollis: $2,000 to assist with costs of attending the Atelier for Young Festival Managers in Beirut 2013.