Art is an important contributor to the wellbeing of the community, with research highlighting the importance of art as a means of learning and community engagement. It is also recognised that some people in the community may experience barriers to participating in the arts because of disability, cultural difference or social disadvantage.
Principle 1 of the 2015 ACT Arts Policy is to facilitate participation in and access to the arts across the ACT community.
The ACT Government is committed to providing opportunities for all members of the community to participate in arts and cultural activities and recognises the important role it plays in building an arts sector that is responsive to the needs and interests of the community.
In this section you can find out more about:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultures
- Arts and accessibility
- Arts and health
- Community Arts and Cultural Development
- Hughes Shops public art community consultation
- Minister's Creative Council
- Pop up arts events in Gungahlin and Woden
- Performing Arts Infrastructure