Funding and Support
Arts funding managed by artsACT is one of the main ways the ACT Government provides direct support to the arts.
Funding supports individual artists, arts organisations and community groups and responds directly to the 2015 ACT Arts Policy. It is delivered through a number of categories, and supports high quality work across a broad range of artforms and practices.
- Arts Activities funding replaces the Project and Out of Round categories. This funding supports ACT-based artists at all stages of their careers and organisations providing the Canberra community with opportunities to engage in the arts.
- ACT Book of the Year Award an annual award for excellence in literature, valued at $10,000.
- Community Outreach funding supports community outreach through the Australian National University School of Music and School of Art, accessibility and engagement activities of the Canberra Symphony Orchestra, and community arts and cultural development programs of the Belconnen and Tuggeranong Arts Centres.
- A one-off Community Outreach arts funding round in 2018 to increase participation in the arts and promote collaboration between organisations, artists and the community.
- Key Arts Organisation Funding supporting arts organisations that provide critical arts infrastructure in the ACT through high quality programs, services and/or facilities.
- Program Organisation Funding supporting arts organisations that provide a program of activity enabling the ACT community to have access to and engagement with the arts.
- Arts Residencies ACT assisting organisations to offer interstate or international artists a residency experience in Canberra.
- Canberra Wellington Indigenous Artist Exchange pilot will provide the opportunity for a local Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander artist to spend up to six weeks in Wellington to work in a new environment and to engage with Māori culture, Wellington-based artists, organisations and the wider community. A Māori artist from Wellington will also be given the same opportunity to come to Canberra.
Visit the artsACT online grants portal for information on upcoming and current funding rounds and to log in and access online submissions.
- Peer Assessment applications are assessed by community members with artform interest, knowledge and experience.
- Sector Capacity Building providing skills and professional development opportunities for artists and support for continuous improvement of arts organisations including for governance, strategic planning, change and risk management, and diversity.
- Information for Applicants what you need to know before applying.
- Information for Successful Applicants what you need to do after funding has been approved.
- Logos and Branding the ACT Government requires appropriate acknowledgement of its support for organisations, facilities, programs and projects.
- Funding Recipients lists current and previous funding recipients, and their grant purposes.
- Artist Resources some helpful links including other funding sources.